Air Head Day - Sandy's Mondays

 The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 9

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case. 

Air Head Day

email to angry customer
Today it was just an airhead day. Production had some questions and I have shipped all the questions to the customer’s engineer and cc’d the customer about the project delays. 

The airhead part is that e-mails are delivered by air in the enemy range. At that point, the customer was mad because he said at the beginning of the project to never ask questions from him, just do everything and that's it. 

One of the customer's workers said, "Hell Sandy!" 

I read Hell as Hello, assuming that they misspelled it. Then they forwarded the e-mail to Usman's wife, also my boss. She read, "Hell Sandy!." 

I didn't get what it meant, am I getting fired? Moments later there was an e-mail apology letter, which clarified everything. So, the customer's workers said Hell to me and meant it too. I had no feelings toward these people because I did not care about them. I was also happy because I was not getting fired. In fact, the celebratory happiness that I was not getting fired overshadowed some people sending me to Hell. 

Hell, in fact, if such a place exists, is not a bad place. There is always fire and it's always nice there all orange and glowy. I freeze most of my life and need some heat.  When people die, I think, they can't burn, because they don't have physical bodies anymore, so it's kind of useless, it's like flying into the Sun, only by that time, the Sun is not hot anymore. Heat in theory is just beautiful plasma of sorts. Now, let's get back to what happened next. 

Rhubarb was calling me, “have the answer yet?”

I was like, “no, not yet. You receive all of my e-mails, you know it, I know it. You are sitting in your office – it is too quiet.”

There was an e-mail from the customer finally saying to yes use this part, but I felt like doing nothing at that point.

Rhubarb was calling again, “Have the answer yet?”

I was like, “No, not yet."  There was something, but I disliked the reply. 

I knew Rhubarb was in his office. He receives all of my incoming emails.

20 minutes passed.

Rhubarb was calling, “have an answer? “

I replied, “no.”

Rhubarb was trying his chances, “Coffee at Tim Hortons?”

“No,” I replied.

"Meeting after work?" Rhubarb insisted.

"No," I said one more time.

Later, I received another e-mail answer to use a totally different part. I then called the customer’s engineer and he confirmed and sent me the final email. I had to make sure there won't be any more changes. 

Rhubarb called, he sounded mad, “Have you received the answer?”

I was like, “Yes sir, controlled copies coming right downstairs to production in less than two minutes.”

Rhubarb was like, “We can’t do this. We already have assembled this first part.”

And I was like, “No, I didn’t give out the first e-mail to anyone, because that part felt wrong as per the functionality.”

If I will have given out the confirmation for the first part, yanking out this part will have made the whole department cry. I saved people today and they did not even know it. 

Rhubarb was slightly relieved, “Ok, we will do that other part then.”

Today I have saved a day's worth of re-work and labour money. I feel like a superhero. I get things done.


Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments