Gallium The Nurse - Sandy's Mondays

  The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 51

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case.  

Note: If squeamish, don’t read or re-read today’s entry.

Gallium The Nurse

Gallium nurse
Novulus Cevertuli is very popular; it is everywhere on the radio, television, internet, all stores…

Today, I received a phone call from my Rheumatologist’s office to schedule a follow-up as I had failed some tests last time, they were positive - which was no good, and I have agreed.

I am usually okay with the process of visiting the doctor, but not okay with the red liquid test.  I get so freaked out to do it. I even can’t stand the name of this test.  The word starts with the letter b and ends with d and there are 5 letters in total. I get such anxiety and then my arm hurts for a year and I can’t sleep due to this pain.  

One time I had to donate red liquid for the tests. I was early there, the office just opened and the nurses took my paper and left for a second. 

One man came shambled in and looked around the room, and was ready to leave.

I could not take it. If I were there, someone else had to be there too. I said, "Hello!"

"Is the nurse in?" The man asked suspiciously, with an emergence of relief in his eyes that no one was there. 

"Sure, sure! Come in" I gestured as well. "Take a number from the machine and sit for a second. The nurse is going to be here momentarily" I said. 

The poor man took the number and sat down, while grasping his work binder and keys. The nurses emerged from their offices and the man cringed. I smiled because I was not alone in the room.

Of course, I fainted a few times from it - as usual. 

Remember Gallium? 

If Gallium were my nurse, I would be in a coma by now from all the pain.

"If Gallium were my nurse,

I won't survive her shaky hands of course. 

When Gallium jabs a hand,

She misses and jabs the tablestand.

She was never made to be a nurse,

And her forced career is her own curse."

  No offense to Gallium.  Some people are meant to be nurses and some are not.  Gallium was forced into nursing by her mother as I have mentioned before. Her hands shake from her nervous stress and she does an awful job, no questions about it. I feel sorry for every person who was Gallium's customer, or rather victim. 


Share your opinions and comment below. 

Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post.  

Comments