Who is Gallium - Sandy's Monday

  The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 41

It is a real-life-inspired fiction story where all names were changed, just in case. 

Who is Gallium

Old friends with Gallium

I didn’t talk about Gallium until now, pretty much.  Gallium was a friend of mine back in grade 8, and she was also friends with Anna, Phebe, and some other people. 

Now, Gallium is a nurse. I will give her a round of honorary applause for the hard work she does with Novulus Cevertuli. 
I do blood checks from time to time - to make sure that I am not falling apart; if Gallium were to take my blood, I would probably faint and never wake up from the pain Gallium would cause.  

What’s the deal with Gallium? 
There is nothing, no deal.  

It is as clear as day and night. Back in science class, when we had to dissect animals, she ran into the washroom, all stressed out, crying and throwing up into the toilet. I had the same class, and I cut all the dead animals fair and square. Technically, I am a better nurse than Gallium any day; however, I do not choose to be a nurse. 
Her mother was a nurse, and she pushed and pressured Galliium to become a nurse in the first place. She could have ended up doing something she may have liked doing, but no, her mother won.  

Gallium, being a nurse, reminds me of how she was spending the time in the washroom all shaking while everyone else dissected the animals in class. One may say that people change. I have known Gallium from grade 8 and up until the beginning of university; she had anorexia and shamed her sister for being curvy, and even now, she is the same. 

Guess what journal? 

Her husband is the opposite of her, of her skeletal self. It was so bad she had fuzz growing out of her face due to her anorexia. I guess she lives vicariously through him; let's just say she is not okay. That's all I'll say. Pictures speak louder than words people say (for evidence), but I won't be posting them for privacy reasons. Now, this not-okay person is trying to cure you. I never knew she was anorexic until it hit me; I remembered how she used to eat lunch. Gallium plucked at her sandwich like a bird the whole lunchtime and threw away most of it; she was starving throughout the day on purpose. Her muscles shrivelled on her hands and legs, and she always felt cold most of the time. Back then, I accepted the furry fuzz on her face as okay.  I hope that Gallium doesn’t shame her sister anymore. Gallium was projecting her own problems/insecurities through her sister.  

Some things we only realize many decades later in the future. 

Share your opinions and comments below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments