Seeking Clothes - Sandy's Mondays

The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 4

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case. 

Seeking Clothes


seeking clothes
Shelly and I went shopping this Saturday.  Shelly 
is an easy-going friend. She is always willing to help and we have similar tastes in music and everything else in the world. It’s like we are twins. We even look alike from afar. Surprisingly, even our prescription glasses match. 

There is this very nice mall up North. At the beginning of the mall, there are tiny little restaurants that reminded me of European tiny streets and tiny shops, not that I had ever visited Europe, but, that's how I always imagined it.  Shelly and I got all kinds of pastries there. It was a very good atmosphere.  

Next, we were brushing through the stores, seeking clothes. 

"Sandy, show me the pants." I heard Sally calling as she knocked on the door of the changing room. 

"In a minute," I replied half crying. "There is no way I will take these pants off, I am stuck, Shelly."

"What? U stuck" Shelly's voice turned quieter. 

I jumped on one foot while trying to free myself of the ever-so-clingy pants. Sweat poured on my forehead and I felt a temperature change in the room. That instant I realized I was trapped. Imagining firemen and firewomen crowding in the fitting room trying to help me, I prayed to every entity to get free myself. All of the sudden, I was free, but, at what cost? My nail broke and now was bleeding. I tried on the other pants. 

Opening the door, I saw Shelly wearing a frock that made her look like a granny and her hair was now messed up and frizzy.  

"I like it." Shelly looked at my pants from every angle. 

"I like the pants too," I replied quietly. My heart was still pounding like a trapped nectar bird - the hummingbird. "You can't wear this dress," I said. 

"Why?" Shelly looked at me, confused. 

"You look like granny Smith!" I exclaimed. 

"What about the green shirt?" Shelly held it in her hand. 

"Try it on, meet you in a minute." I had no idea who created these hideous clothes. 

Once changed. I opened the door. "Shelly?" I called. 

Shelly opened the door to her fitting room. 

I had no idea the green colour went well with Shelly. "That's good, get it. Definitely you."

There were some work shirts and a few pairs of pants that I found for myself.  Most of the time Shelly and I were trying on clothes and making sure our clothes were well-fitted.  After gruelling two and a half hours of trying clothes and buying them, Shelly looked dehydrated and I was starving, I could eat an elephant. We went to a restaurant outside and went over our agendas for the next month. 


Share your opinions and comment below. 

Enjoy the read, follow us, or share our post.

Comments