Relationship with Self Absorb - Sandy's Mondays

 The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s never-ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 43

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case.  


Relationship with Self Absorbed


Relationship with Self Absorbed

(Continuation to my 42nd Journal Entry)

So Journal, when I was 33 years old, there was Self Absorb. He clumsily fixed his glasses as they slid down his nose. Working in the same building as me, he always greeted everyone, including me. 

He looked my age… and towered about 6’2”, wore casual clothes (black slacks and shirt), and had a small beard, glasses, and short brown hair. I never noticed the colour of his eyes (never noticed and even to this day, I can't recall).

The first time I heard his name, "Self Absorb,"  – it sounded awkward.

I had a chance to look at his name tag and it said Self-Absorb.  Okay. Self-Absorb. 

He appeared well-cultured and always helped people who were visiting the building and were lost. I assumed he was kind.  

At that time, I didn't know we would be ever in a relationship. My idea of a  relationship was forever with one person. Would it be him ever? I did not care much as I never thought about having a relationship. Remember Norman? That was enough for me. All men were like Norman from my grade school - in my mind at least. Norman was that crazy child who threw metal bars at people for fun.

Back then and even now, the most modern style of a relationship is to have a relationship, maybe marry a person for ten years, then divorce then - go find domeone new and punish them for your previous relationship. After the intermediate relathionship have ended due to the chaotic behaviour of punishing one for the previous person, then, maybe have another relationship and then divorce again. And thus the cycle would go on and forth. 

Along the way, people could have a child or two, and fight over custody and child support of course. 

The boon of that cycle was the finding of oneself, where each person learned about themselves and how they interacted with one another - it was not my interest as I knew who I was (by the middle ages of adulthood people should know who they are) and need not discover such things. 

I wanted something special in general and long-lasting, like forever. If not, then just enjoy my life on my own. And, I shall continue on that later. 

Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments