Self-Absorb Relationship Began - Sandy's Mondays


   

 The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 47

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case.  


relationship beginnings

How Self-Absorb Relationship Began

No more news watching. I ate dinner, read my Poirot book, now writing here about my first relationship.

I remember that at that time I just got Self Absorb’s e-mail address and I had to prepare an e-mail.  

It was short and brief, “Hello, I am that person from the mental health presentation exercise we have had a few months ago… Would you like to go on a date with me at a coffee shop at 7:00 pm, after work?” 

The second step of getting Self Absorb’s attention was completed.  Great. Everything was going smoothly; I closed my eyes and pushed on a send button.  It was a simple click and the e-mail was sent.

Half an hour later, I did receive an affirmative reply. This happened within two hours. 

During the date, I learned that Self Absorb was 3 years younger than me, he was thirty years old. I remember thinking to myself – w-h-y? Then, I told myself not to run to a conclusion. Give Self Absorb a chance, maybe he is mature enough.  He ended up not, but I didn’t know it at the time.

At the beginning of our date, Self Absorb insisted on paying for my coffee, even though, like, since I invite people, I must then pay, no? I didn’t want to fight over who pays $2 for who’s coffee and so I let him pay. 

He then asked me for the second date, and the third. All dates were at nice locations, like the beach, The Fidgety Falls, The Yestwardly Beaches, The Kilt Falls, and The Mismatch Town. 

At times he would include his friends that kept asking him if he had deleted his profiles on various dating sites, but he would recoil in a hush. I had no dating apps at that time. Sometimes, his friends would joke at his expense, so I thought that it was it - the dating site questions were another joke at his expense. I wasn't a crazy nut and felt reluctant to pry, or conduct an investigation. 



Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments