Sitting at Work - Sandy's Mondays

 

The Whisperer of the Abyss:
Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 5

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case. 


Sitting at Work


Sitting at Work

Sitting at work.

The weekend was nice; went shopping for clothes at a local mall, and got delicious groceries….

Want to watch a movie tonight… Something old, but not as old as black and white…. Something like Babysitting Adventure; I will have to find something good.

Rhubarb just called, one second, keeping my journal with me. All should be up to date. Rhubarb is our plant manager.

“Hello.” I opened the phone.

“Did you see the e-mail?” Rhubarb asked.

“No emails here,” I replied.

“Do you want to go for a coffee at Tim Hortons?” Rhubarb tried his chances

“No,” I replied coldly. “Are we friends?”

“I will never be your friend. How about the coffee at Tim Hortons?” Continued Rhubarb.

“No,” I replied again.

“Call me when you will receive an e-mail.” Added Rhubarb.

“Okay. Bye. “I  put down the phone.

No emails yet.  Crazy Rhubarb, I don’t know what he wants. My time is far too valuable for Tim Horton's questioning and who wants to go anywhere with Rhubarb? Rhubarb constantly throws jabs at everyone and I find it unappealing, last time he was yelling at me that I am unprofessional to our bosses.  Clearly, our bosses think otherwise of me due to the surmounting evidence from their customers.    Now Tim Hortons is a good place, why spoil such a good place with Rhubarb’s presence.

Oh… Now I see the e-mail.  The customer is asking which parts were used in production.

“Did you receive the e-mail?” Rhubarb asked.

“Yes, Sir,” I replied.

“Go to production and write down the parts that were used and then send me the email for confirmation and after that send it to the customer,” Rhubarb ordered.

“On my way, Sir.” Got the information from production, typed up the email and sent it to Rhubarb for confirmation.  No replies oh here yet.  Break in 2 minutes. I can go for a short walk outside.

When I returned after the walk, there were no e-mail replies from Rhubarb.

“Hello, Rhubarb?” I called.

“So, Sandy. Are you up for a coffee at Tim Hortons? “asked Rhubarb.

“No.” I answered quickly, “Did you see my e-mail reply to the customer?”

“Wait. Do not send it yet.” Rhubarb ordered.

“I have to reply in 30 minutes. I need your confirmation to send out the e-mail.” I added.

That was an ordeal to get a confirmation.  Got a positive reply after 2 hours and sent it to the customer.  It feels like I walk through thick shrubs from point A to point B.  Shouldn’t be like that.  Rhubarb should clean up on his decision-making skills… people skills… and work ethic skills…




Share your opinions and comment below. 

Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post.

Comments