Boring Day at Work - Sandy's Mondays

 

Boring day at work

The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s never-ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 7

A Boring Day at Work

Fiction that's based on real life. All names were changed, just in case. 


It was so boring at work today. Just sat down and waited for emails to hatch. 

Usman, our Boss, who at times calls me Sally. was passing by and he was like, “Sally, how come you are just sittin’?” and I was like, “Usman, see all the paperwork here? It is waiting for distribution hub time allocated by Rhubarb, our production manager; all emails were replied to by 10am, all work orders were processed by 10am, and now I am just waiting for more e-mails or phone calls.”

Usman was surprised that all was done and I really had nothing to do at that time. He was like, “carry on then.” I was like, “ok, Sir.” 

Nothing much to do. I have noticed though that one of the glass blocks comprising our ceilings had a crack and the air pressure was changing and precipitation leaked in and landed on my desk, then on my face - it felt gross. It's one thing when you are outside and the rain or snow falls on you. Now it's completely different when gross glass roof water is leaking on your head, face, hand, or eye.

During the summer, I can tell it gets very hot here; the glass provides just the right magnification of sunrays and intensifies it a million times. I feel like I am an ant under a magnifying glass. Oh, well. I hope I will find a sizable umbrella to resolve this issue. 

And now, during the winter, the cold air seeps through the cracks and freezes up the place. Just before it begins to rain or snow, the air turns electric and the pressure changes, making everyone in the building feel dizzy. 



Share your opinions and comment below. 

Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post.

Comments