Guess What Happened? - Sandy's Mondays

  

The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s never-ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 11

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case. 

Guess What Happened? 

Guess what happened?
Dear diary, guess what happened this weekend?

Chubaka called me in the middle of the night. She's my friend, by the way. 

I was like, “Hello.”

Chubaka was like, “I have been fighting with my husband, and now we are separating. I will be at your place in 10 minutes. Be prepared, bye. “

I didn’t know what was going on there. All I knew was I had to clean up my space, vacuum, and wash the piled-up stack of dirty dishes. Heh.

I decided to ease the confusion by dressing up, and once dressed, Chubaka was at the door. Explaining that there was nothing to eat at my spot, we drove to a Supermarket that was open 24/7, and I bought a list of things dictated by Chubaka.

Back at my place, I showed Chubaka where everything was.

Chubaka stared at me for a while and finally revealed what was on her mind. “Why won’t you sleep with some guy and get yourself some kids you don’t have to marry a guy for it.”

I was surprised. “I do not want children. Honestly, I am good where I am.”

Chubaka looked at me all puzzled. “I think you should have some children.”

I turned on my favourite television show and wanted to ask a few questions from Chubaka, “So what are your plans? “

Chubaka announced, “I am calling Pamela maybe she’ll be able to have me over for a week.”
Pamela was Chubaka’s friend for 7 years, so they were like a family or something, even though Chubaka and I were friends for 29 years.

I didn’t want to bother Chubaka. I just provided all the first aid in the case of an emergency. Pamela quickly fabricated a fictitious story that her mother was coming over, and her brother was there with his family. They were jam-packed there.

In the morning, Chubaka and I went to an all-day breakfast place and visited a park. I have tried to talk about nice things. Chubaka wanted to show me all the offensive texts from her husband, and I was like, “I do not want to read offensive texts or any texts not intended for me to read.” I didn’t want to influence someone else’s relationship. Aside, we went to the mall, bought a few things, and looked at trinkets.  

Chubaka rearranged my fridge contents without asking, and I caught her scrolling through my phone without asking too. Chubaka stayed at my place from Friday until Sunday morning and then left back to her home. Well, she ran out first. Later she texted: "Went home." 

I have also called Tess and set up a brunch get-together the following weekend. Tess was happy to talk on the phone - a clearing from all the dark clouds.

Everything got smoothed out over the weekend, so I assumed, Chubaka didn’t want to tell me what was happening.

It was a wacky weekend, just like Chubaka herself. I can say I am a good friend not sure why. 




Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments