It Was Mayday - Sandy's Mondays

 The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 13

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case. 

It Was Mayday

mayday

Came to work today; it was a mayday. 

Last week, Monday, it was quiet. This week it's loud and chaotic. 

Note to self, if one Monday is quiet, beware of the next Monday. 

Rhubarb, our production manager, sounded upset and talked about something with JujuBee, our project manager. 

JujuBee yelled at everyone, “I am not apologizing.” 

I didn’t know what was going on. Somehow, everyone omitted me from the story. They don't know that when my co-workers exclude me, things happen. 

Rhubarb asked two of my co-workers and me to his office. 

Dasha and Zarah stood near Rhubarb. He showed something on the bill of materials, and they discussed parts and their differences. I took a few notes. 

Rhubarb looked at Dasha and Zarah and said, “Sandy is not a technician; she is only a project coordinator. But she is more technical than both of you taken together.”

Oh. What did Rhubarb do? Now, Dasha and Zarah will hate me. It took me a while for them to be ok with me and establish trusting co-worker relationships. Rhubarb destroyed it all in a blink of an eye.

I went upstairs, compared the information, and replied to the customer’s email. 

It was weird how one second it was a mayday and the next it was all sunny and good. 

One hour later, the customer promised more work and was happy about his current project. 

I don’t write eloquently, but I get things done. 

Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments