Thoughts - Sandy's Mondays

   The Whisperer of the Abyss:

Sandy’s Never-Ending Monday Rants - Journal Entry 32

Fiction that's based on real life.  All names were changed, just in case.  

A Dream I Had - Thoughts

thoughts

Thoughts in my head: None, of course.

Yesterday, I had a dream. 

    We were evacuating from planes. Them darn air-planes were stranded on the beaches covered by sand and broken boulders. The waters were unfriendly, all cloudy, and the sky was grey. I wore summer pants and a shirt, and a storm was coming. I knew my friend was on the other plane – we were supposed to meet in Amsterdam for the weekend. Now we were stranded due to delayed flights. I just looked at my phone.
    My friend texted that she was on the other plane, right next to mine. I had to run for 10 minutes around the marine boulders as planes were long and needed to park at a great distance. The airport was still somewhere nearby. 
    “Jessica,” I saw her and called.
    Jessica looked at me and said, “Sandy, here you are!”
    We hugged, somewhat scared that all the planes had to land on the rocky shore like that. Who knew we were stranded on the same island of some sort, on the beach and not quite reaching the airport location?
    “So, how is it going,” I asked.
    Jessica fixed her hair, “Not much, getting prepared for all the weddings. My friend's wedding, my other friends' weddings. You know Lucy from my grade school and other people.”
    “Good stuff." I agreed with Jessica. "A lot going on here though… I got so worried; the plane was going sideways, then dropping. Really.” I added.
Jessica and I walked toward the airport portion that was still operational and just sat down and drank the bottled water we grabbed from our planes. 
    Then there was a quick announcement, “All planes are fixed and ready for departure.” Jessica and I hugged for good luck and quickly ran toward one of the planes, but later there were announcements via speaker phones to take the same plane designated on the travel tickets. 
    My plane was further away and near sharp rocks and boulders. I almost fell, I remember. When I got to my seat on the plane, I woke up. it was Monday, of course.
I don’t even know Jessica; I don’t have a friend named Jessica. The lockdowns got to me, and I've created new friends in my dreams.
    I miss work. I need to do work. I sigh.
    Woke up to Novulus Covertuli. Nothing has changed for the better. It's just getting worse here. On the news, over 33 million people have died so far; half of the sickly got shot by police. I presumed that they were healthy. No one knows if they were infected, only that they were in the streets during the closure hours. The others died in coronatine hospitals and self-isolation. 50 million are presumed sick, and the rest are healthy.


Share your opinions and comment below. 
Enjoy the read, follow us or share our post. 

Comments